The impacts of COVID and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have sent shockwaves through international supply chains, and across sectors. As similar “cascading” risks are expected to result from climate change – the event focuses on what these risks are, and how Swedish and European actors can build resilience.
Discussion points can include:
- Examples of how extreme weather events abroad have disrupted Swedish supply chains.
- Comments on how the private sector is identifying and managing climate risks in supply chains.
- Views on how the changing geopolitics of trade might affect the resilience of Swedish industry.
- Thoughts on how Swedish business could or should work with Swedish government and EU to build resilience to future climate shocks.
- Professor Tim Benton, Research Director and Director of the Environment and Society Centre, Chatham House
- Therese Sjöberg, Swedish Expert Council on Climate Adaptation
- Magnus Benzie, Senior Research Fellow, SEI
- Nina Ekelund, Executive Director, Hagainitiativet
For more information or to register
Magnus Benzie – email@example.com