CASCADES co-organised the 5th European Climate Change Adaptation Conference (ECCA 2021), the main event in Europe dedicated to adaptation to climate change.
ECCA 2021 took place from 25 May to 22 June 2021. A series of 9 webinars were organised from 25 May to 10 June, in the run-up to a high-level event on 22 June. This event was hosted by the European Commission, back to back with the annual European Research & Innovation Days (23-24 June).
The Lustrum edition of ECCA builds on past conferences that took place in Hamburg (2013), Copenhagen (2015), Glasgow (2017), Lisbon (2019) and aims to provide:
- A platform to exchange practical solutions and knowledge (legacy) on solutions for climate resilience
- A place to connect research, tools and solutions with decision makers and practitioners
- A place to listen and learn new things – and to be inspired to create change
- An event that leaves you with a good feeling and a desire to get involved again
- An event that raises awareness and encourages action at all levels
ECCA 2021 is co-organised by the European Commission, JPI Climate and three Horizon 2020 projects (SINCERE, CASCADES and RECEIPT).
In this video, Dr Hanne Knaepen from CASCADES reflects on ECCA 2021.